Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Goat Cheese Tart


So, the use of goat cheese in the tart was a huge success at the Solstice Party, in my opinion. Heather, Michelle and my sister and her family cam eover yesterday and finished off the rest of it. I've already posted a link to a recipe that helped inspire my own, so here's what I did:

Goat Cheese Tart

  1. First go here and follow the directions for the crust.
  2. The directions for the filling are similar to the one above: Saute 1/2 - 3/4 c. chopped shallots and one clove minced garlic in a couple tbs. of extra-virgin olive oil. Add something green, chopped, about 2 cups. I used yellow-ribbed swiss chard (which is my favorite vegetable for this filling).
  3. In a large bowl, whisk 3 extra-large eggs, 1/2 c. heavy cream, 1/2 c. cottage cheese and 11 oz. goat cheese (use garlic herb blend, if you want). Add a large handful of chopped basil.
  4. Pour the sauteed greens into the egg mixture. Pour into prepared pie/tart crust.
  5. Bake at 375 for about 1/2 hr. or until the top begins to turn golden but is still a little jggly in the middle. Sort of like jello -- set but not hard. It will cook a little more when it comes out. Let cool a bit before serving -- can be served warm or room temperature.

No comments: